Friday, October 13, 2006

A little about me in Kalamazoo...

Ok - so people have been asking about my life here in Kazoo and I'm going to try to give a little summation for all to hear - and hopefully not bore you with.

I came out to kalamazoo, to help launch the very first satelite campus of The Rock; my church. Of course, it's sorta of a strange endeavour to most, since a satelite campus is usually in a neighboring city - but hey, we've never been a church to follow protocol :)



I'm living in a little cottage on a lake 30minutes out of town. It's one bedroom, but very new, and I really like it.
The plan is to be here until the end of November, one month after our Grand Openeing.
We're gearing up - getting ready - and keeping quite busy.

The team is about 20+ people and we have a building already from a previous foursquare church. a good portion of the team went through our discipleship program - and were totally "rocked" (pun intended). i'ts been really amazing to see changed lives BEFORE we even open our doors!

I'm here to help but also I continue to lead from afar in Anaheim. I'm working remotely and doing my best to keep up.
While I'm here, I started a kick-boxing class once a week, which has summarily resulted in kicking MY butt... which I think is good, but man.... I didn't think I could sweat that much! (gross, I know)

I'm loving getting to be around my "neices and nephew" Mariah (5), Makenzie (4) and Neil II (2). They love their "auntie" alhtough little neil keeps calling me "auntie toe-mee"... Mariah used to call me "auntie tummy", so I suppose I'll just deal with it for now. :)


yes, it gets a little lonely - but not immensely. I'm so privileged to have thos chance, and I've really been getting to hear from the Lord and spend more time with Him. I firgure between kick-boxing and prayer, I'm going to be a force to be reckoned with when i return. :)

I love and miss my friends, but I'm glad to know that the Lord has me in his hands, and I'm growing in the grace and knkowledge of Him... even if it's in "banishment" in Kalamzoo. (I'm really having a great time, even though I look forward to home once again).

Love to you - my friends!

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You amaze me so much!! I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home