Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sisters!

Friday afternoon, my day off, Christie Kelly told me the family was going to come and visit my humble abode.
About 5:15 I get a phone call - lots of static, "Chrsitie, is that you?" "almost there" came the reply... but I could hardly hear it.

I went to my door to watch for her, to direct the van in... but instead a car was pulling up - with... "what, that looks like velvet... and GEORGIE!" My sisters had flown across the country to suprise me with a visit for the weekend. I was practically stuttering... starting in disbelief, "but you don't live here..." was all I could get out.

It was a blast:
Saturdays are our all-church serve days, so... being a hard-core team player, I decked the ladies out in my work clothes, and brought the extra hands along to help beautify our kalamazoo campus. We worked hard... but escaped early to get in some sight-seeing... visiting exciting places like Cereal City USA... where TOny the Tiger was ACTUALLY there! And we saw how cereal was made - and even got to taste it. It was... fun (mostly because we were enjoying the time togehter!)

the few days passed quickly - very interupted by serious rain and thunder and lightening...

But in the end we had a great time AND we met Tony the Tiger. What more could you want?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home